Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Laziness Rules

Humans are generally lazy creatures. Yes we are… hey, don’t get me wrong here; we might work ourselves silly in the white-collar battlefield termed ‘work’ everyday single one of these days but it’s what happens before and after work that determines your state of unholy laziniess.

… which kind of explains why some mornings I skip my morning prayers, fail to make my lunch sandwich or while I take 15mins in the shower… showering.

………………………………………………..>>…………………………………………………

the firm and the people are pretty cool, all rather friendly in fact, or maybe it’s simply the British strongly against “antisocial behaviour”.. yes I have seen poster adverts being subtle in declaring that “antisocial behaviour” is undesirable in the society.. haha I mean like fwah.. maybe it’s to tell the non-brits that.. haha.. they ARE generally all not unfriendly ‘blokes’.. hee

………………………………………………..>>…………………………………………………

I walk to work everyday.. yes, walk. It takes me approximately a short 25mins brisk walk to get to my workplace, not considered far actually, but definitely not something that I would have done in Singapore for various reasons listed below:

  1. I wouldn’t wanna reach the office smelling like I’ve just came from a half marathon

  2. i tire way too easily when the weather’s all warm, and unless your boss is Italian, I doubt they would appreciate midday siestas

  3. our transportation network is way better than many others; so why walk a few bus-stops and risk your neighbours thinking you are in financial deep shit

  4. it costs an average of S$1.20 for a relative distance ride on the bus; in London u pay ₤1.20 regardless whether u hop off 1 stop after, or simply taking it to the other end of the route… explains why people prefer to walk

  5. and to summarise the 4 points above, yes people are born lazy.

.. and the main factor in nudging me to walk everyday is simply, that I’m almost officially broke. Yes, no more money indeed… sigh.