Monday, December 05, 2005

dangerous liaisons

Woke up late this morning and yet I suddenly feel like writing so here I am, in front of my laptop, while I halplessly watch the invisible hands of my digital clock click minute after minute away…

My boss might kill me today afterall…

……………………….

Went for a party-of-sorts over the weekend, Saturday to be more precise, and a school-themed party to be even more precise… thus everyone had to dress up in school uniforms in order to head in… kinky indeed… wink.

I wore a plain white shirt with just a black blazer with matching black pants, white sports shoes , a loose tie and together with my flat-mates, headed for a dinner at an Italian restaurant near our place to start of the evening. I realized the folly of not wearing a coat the moment the chilly winds started to ruffle through my hair. Stupidity.

I have to admit dinner was rather entertaining, largely credited to a Brit guy with a weirdest accent who was sitting right beside me, who joked through the evening. He gathered quite a few laughs as he recounted certain adventures of his as he traveled around some parts of the world, being mistaken for a spy at one point and having mugged by a monkey.

Yes, an animal.

A small and rather insignificant part of the dinner was also entertained by a Hongkong fellow who goes by the name of Alex… I have honestly, cross my heart, never met any, not one, aeronautical engineer who has impressed me with a slightest hint of normalcy… very strange profession with very strange people, I figure…

the other such engineer I remember was a fellow I knew in army… we tried to accept him for who he was but deep know, we kinda ostracized him a little from time to time.. you can guess how weird he must have been…

I know some very self-absorbed individuals you can say, myself to be in the least.

                    ………………………..

the evening sorta gathered pace after that and before long, we realized that we were the only orientals in the club. ( I have never really yet gotten used to being an oriental, for reasons of the coined term bringing up images of a Chinese in pigtail with long imperial robes in a folded arm posture )

I must say the place is a guy’s paradise, with free flow of boobs and asses, concealed just ever so nicely in those tight white tops and short pleated cross-hatch skirts… coupled with the constant brush against some unknown female who’s trying to make her way across the dance floor…

Yes I know, stereotypically, all guys like such cheap thrills…

but I dare say our girls got a bad deal as they were probably groped all through the night as a result of being placed in the same arena as a few hundred of those depraved English males, as they never failed to try to hook up with our girls in their vain efforts to get laid for the night I presume… hiaks

               ………………………..

for a split second on that dance floor I thought I would get a fight on English soil…

As I was making my way across the dance floor trying to look for my friends, another bloke hurriedly walked right into me and we sorta collided rather abruptly.

However disorientating he might have thought that could have been for me, he was very wrong as I felt his left hand moved deftly into my right side pocket and whisk away my mobile… I must admit he was damn fast…. But surely he needs some more work on those hands og his...

Instincts & reaction kicked in immediately as I grabbed the fellow’s wrist so hard he dropped my mobile to the ground. Yes my Sony Ericsson T630. Fucker. He prompted winched and gave the most apologetic face he could probably muster in a single spontaneous moment...

Well I was more or less prepared to throw in a punch or two if it came to that… well I might have been left dead on the ground probably since he was slightly bigger and definitely more well-built.. but he backed away and so, that was that.

Pity…