Thursday, September 22, 2005

a week of absence

Over the past few weekend, I’ve met up with the weirdest assortment of friends that dropped by the grey city of London…

Norman arrived via train from York at King’s Cross Station in the late hours of Friday night. This would be his last UK trip before he leaves for Singapore the coming week and so he decided to come in and visit me over the weekend before he heads home.

Past the grocers, we walked in and out with a bottle of Jose Cuero Tequila, which would be the downfall and undermine the plans of the following day, largely due to the fact that we would both suffer from an ugly hangover; waking up to the world on a lovely Sat afternoon that’s shifting around bits when I move about too suddenly… haha…

the silliness of drinking half a bottle each the night before…

Dennis and his friend Joanna were also in town on Sunday afternoon at Hearthrow as he drops by London on his way to Sheffield for a semester of exchange… thus the main bulk of the weekend was devoted to friends, all whom I knew from a million years ago… =)

Strangely, as Norm puts it, we have met more jc friends here than we would have back home… more so because we are meeting up in a land where ‘home’ friends are hard to come by…

Another reason is that a lot of us just take our friends for granted most of the time…

finally got my health back together again after such a painstaking long period of time… that’s one major issue with me; I dun usually fall ill that often but when I do, I do take quite a long while to nurse myself back to the original state… haha…

The fact that I dun know how to see a doctor here kinds of put me off from getting proper medication… it’s quite a tedious procedure especially when your HR manager is fucked up, doesn’t brief you properly about company medical benefits when we started work and is never at her desk when you need her… lazy bitch.

a most perculiar thing happened to the backyard of my house…

while I was happily seated and smoking in the yard after dinner today, I suddenly realized that some, if not all, of the overgrown creepers that had been growing from the edge of my duckweed-infested pond all the way up to the window of the 2nd level, had mysteriously “vanished” without a trace!

While I pondered deeply for a minute or two, I realized then what had happened.

A closer look at the corner where the plant had been growing, that particular spot of “embankment” had collapsed slightly into the ‘loch’ ( reminds me of one cos it’s all dark and murky and one can’t really tell if hideous creatures are residing in that depths ). Fresh green leaves were also floating serenely upon the waters while some lay scattered on a nearby window sill. The soil upon where the plant used to flourished had been trampled and looked upturned.

A month ago, the fat Brit fellow living just above had mentioned to me to contact my landlord to trim the creepers, reasonably because it was growing right across his son’s bedroom window and that he had difficulty opening it fully.

And so I did.

Which means that either the landlady sent a goon up to the place and when he found no one home to let him in, he gaily climbed over my wooden picket fence into my backyard, proceeding on the business at hand

OR… it was the neighbour that climbed in to personally do the job that could have been irritating the shit outta him… unlikely for such hassle but not totally impossible.

Either way, this whole creepers issue is giving me quite the creeps.